Saturday, October 7, 2017

Your Next Stamp - October New Release Blog Hop


Weren't all the sneaky peeks fabulous? The YNS DT did a wonderful job showcasing all the new releases.  Now it is time to hop and shop!




For my first hop card, I am using the new set of Tweet Holiday.  I love this image.  It totally makes me laugh because we all have that one family member like the bird under the hat.  hahaha! 






 I was inspired by Jennifer McGuire's post on partial die cutting that I wanted to create on using the YNS Evergreen border die and the new stamp set.  The image was stamped and colored in with Copics and cut out using the coordinating die.  Once I created the partial die cut background, I layered the sky area using some patterned paper using the new YNS paper collection of Holiday Joy.  The image was then popped up in the front while the sentiment was stamped across the top and at the bottom.  I finished the card with some new yummy gumdrops and some rhinestones.

For my second card, I am using the new set of Merry Mouse Eve to create this quiet scene of the season.  

I created the background using different Memento Inks and sponging them together.  Although, IRL it does blend better than the picture shows.  Before I stamped the image, I used the coordinating die to cut out a piece of a Post It note and placed it where I wanted to have the image.  From there I sponged in the color.  Once the background was done, I peeled off the note and stamped the image directly onto the cardstock.  The image was colored in with Copics while the snow from the image was stamped over in different spots so it looks to be snowing through the whole sky. I used my white gel pen to highlight the snow in the center.  The sentiment was stamped across the sky and the panel layered over a piece of patterned paper from the new YNS Holiday Joy collection. A few Silver Tinsel gumdrops were placed through the sky for a little sparkle.



Karen has a generous sale for you to purchase all your favorites this release by offering 20% off your entire order! You can't pass a savings like that up.  

Thanks for hopping over and don't forget to leave a comment as you hop along so that you will have a chance at winning a YNS gift certificate!

47 comments:

  1. The Tweet Holiday is one of my faves....one out of many. I like the die cut behind twhk3cimsical birds, and I never thought to use paper for the sky, so that's a super wonderful tip for me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such darling cards! I especially like the way you created the sky on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card ideas. Those birdies are so adorable. And the mouse waiting for santa to too cute! Thanks for sharing your creativity

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those Tweet Holiday birds, they are so cute. Your Merry Mouse Eve card is so adorable. What a wonderful background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word Deborah, these are simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are so beautiful ! And I can't get enough of this little mouse, waiting on her chimney.,,..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore those birds, love those little critters. Loving that wonderful backgroud on the second card.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mouse card is so peaceful. Love your technique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those birdies really are 'tweet'! :) Love the partial die cut border, I watched her video too, and have lots of ideas floating around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I am a birdie lover so I just adore your sweet birdie card. Love their hats!!
    Your coloring of the chimney is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little birdies make me smile! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. those stamps are so adorable!
    your cards are super cute!
    love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my these cards are just too cute. love the backgrounds you created:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards!! Your so right about that one family member :) beautiful coloring too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome card.... thanks for posting how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable cards....love that cute little mouse set...and of coure the first card is my favorite....love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that little mouse waiting for Santa to come! Super adorable cards you made Deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such great cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the birdies and the mouse! Your cards are adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are so cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute cards! I love those sweet birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the partial die cut look on your first card. Kudos to you for trying the technique and not just filing it away and forgetting about it a day later like most of us!!! LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your cards. Your coloring is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The window you created is perfect! I will have to check out the tutorial, thanks for sharing such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such cute cards, what a tweet set

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sweet cards...love the colors and the Tweet Holiday stamp set and scene are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful winter cards . Love your layouts. This release is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super fun festive winter cards! Beautiful :) The snow effect is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow! Two beautiful and sweet cards!!! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful cards! Such a fun release!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the scene in the first card.
    the coloring really pops off the white
    snow. The background on the second
    is fantastic. Wonderful cards.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Both of your cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi, Deborah! Your cards are always stunning. I love how create and color!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the winter scenes!! So nice and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful cards...love these winter images.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Adorable cards. Love the birds on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  37. These are both so adorable!! I LOVE that first one with the super cute birds; the scene you created is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Adorable cards! Love those birds and the sweet mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such adorable creations Deborah, I love your snowy scene.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!