Monday, October 14, 2013

Dreidle Bears - Hambo Stamps

Happy Columbus Day! I hope you are having a safe and fun long weekend. And for those of you in Canada, I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving Day!

With the holidays around the corner,  I thought it would be nice to touch base on Hanukkah.  I couldn't resist using Hambo Stamps digi image of Dreidel Bears and the background image of Trees. I combined the two images so it would seem the bears are in the woods.  It only seemed appropriate, right?  :)
I know that Hanukkah is usually decorated with the traditional blues and whites, but I thought I would try it in an autumn theme.  Not sure how I like it, but it sure is different! :) I suppose it is because my mind is telling me it is a Winter holiday. The patterned paper is by Little Yellow Bicycle called Acorn Hollow, which you can find right here at Hambo Stamps! I sewed around the edges  and popped up the image over the top strip while finishing it with some jute twine. The image is colored with Copics using the Pointillism technique for the trees and ground.

Well, I am off to do some packing for a family trip.  My husband is home for his R&R and we couldn't be  more thrilled with having to be able to spend the next 2 weeks with him! Thanks for popping in and taking a peek!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how cute! I love those sweet bears, and all the dots look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Deborah - Hey if Santa can go surfing, why can't bears play with the Dreidel in the fall? I love the colors and the sewing and the dotty trees (which were a great add!) It is just so fun! Great job!
    lyn

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!