Thursday, August 22, 2013

In Time of Need


Hi everyone!
It is never easy losing someone you love unexpectedly, but it happens.  And it recently happened to a sweet friend when her father passed away.  This is a card I made for her and I am hoping the simple message on the front will soothe and calm the pain that she and her family are feeling.


I wanted this to be simple and elegant with not a lot of "fluff" because really, it's your sympathy you want to convey, not how fancy you can make the card.  I used some cs from PTI in Spring Moss for the base and some black cardstock from Lilly Belle for the main layer.  I ran the black cs through a CB folder to emboss the background, and I did it in two runs since this card is a 5.5"x5.5".  I then used my Flourishes Perfectly Pierced hourglass die to create the top layer with the sentiment stamped directly on that using Memento Black. That is popped up.  I finished the card with some sheer 1.5" ribbon tied in a bow using The  Bow Easy and I added some paper flowers to the center.  I then used two bronze pearls to add to the straight ribbon. 

Thanks for stopping in and have a great rest of your Thursday! We start Fall baseball tonight, so my schedule got fuller. :) It's almost Friday!!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!