Tuesday, June 18, 2013

You Light Up my Life - Timeless Tuesday 225


It's time for another fun challenge over at the Timeless Tuesday blog and Denise is our fabulous hostess this week. She is challenging you to use scallops in your project or card.  We also want to welcome aboard our Timeless Tuesday Team Cheryl Lea!! Be sure to stop by and check out her fabulous work!


 
 
I whipped out this months new release of S'more Fun and used just the lantern in this set to highlight.




Isn't this set so much fun?! Such a summery set and perfect for you campers! Do you like how I said, "you campers?" No offense intended.  My family and I are not big on camping, because my children are allergic to just about every tree and grass/weeds.  Yes, allergy shots are weekly at my house, so the thought of spending the night with nature is not appealing to the kids.  Although, the thought to them is intriguing.  Perhaps soon... one day... we too can be one with Mother Earth!

 I stamped the image in Momento tuxedo black before coloring it in with Copics and cutting out using my nesties.  I used some Cosmo Cricket paper that I have had in my stash for quite some time, (I'm thinking it's time to purge...) for the back panel and used my MFT die namic die for the bottom scallop.  The image is popped up.  I finished off the card by adding some fringe canvas ribbon under some dark red gingham ribbon topped with a button and some twine.  Here are a the Copic collections used along with E04, E07, E19 for the lantern:



The sentiment is on the inside for this card which was finished simply. 


Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the other fabulous creations from the Timeless Tuesday Team!

  • Allison Cope
  • Broni Holcombe
  • Deborah Anton
  • Denise Marzec
  • Jenny Gropp
  • Judy Rozema
  • Katie Sims
  • Cheryl Lea
  • Berni Cuttino, our June guest designer

  • post signature

    9 comments:

    1. Just lovely! That pop of red on the lantern is so eye-catching!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Fun image and great coloring. Love the frayed trim.

      How about a livingroom campout? That's more to my liking (and I'm lucky enough to not have any allergies)!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Awww... I love it Deborah! Totally love the glow you created for your lantern. Great use of scallops too!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I have a lamp made out of a lantern that looks just like the one on the card. Great coloring and stamping. Cool use of the scallop edgings.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Genius with the sandpaper! An adorable card and great use of the new stamp set. I'll have to check out the graham cracker cut file at Flourishes.

      ReplyDelete
    6. I'm not big on camping either! I'm one of those people who love nature with a pane of glass between it and me! ;) Your card is so cute! Love how you colored the lantern with the glow from the flame, and the burlap and gingham ribbon and wooden button add to the rustic feel of it. Thank you so much for the warm Flourishes welcome! I'm so happy to be joining y'all on the team!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Beautiful glow of light from your lantern, loving the embellishments too :-)

      ReplyDelete
    8. I love your earthy colors and how you colored the lantern, Deborah! Beautiful card. I'm not a camper either. My idea of camping is staying at a hotel on the beach!

      ReplyDelete

    I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!