Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'd be Lost...

It's time to Hoedown with Hambo Stamps! This week we are using a favorite image I can never get tired of- a Lighthouse.. I just love Lighthouses!




The challenge this week is to use wood grain in your project. You can create your own using inks and your embossing folders or if you have it, you can use some balsam wood. For mine, I used some dp from Pink Paislee that was a wood grain style which I enhanced by using some darker brown ink within my embossing folder. The image was colored using Copics and I really wanted to leave a lot of white to keep it clean. I cut out the image with my Nesties, added some ribbon, and popped it up. The image was cut and popped up in a fishtail style just below.

We hope you are able to play along this week at the Hoedown! Did you know? Just for playing along and linking your project on the challenge blog, you automatically get next weeks digi image for FREE! How cool is that?! The only rule is that you must use a Hambo Stamps image and follow the challenge. Don't have any Hambo images? No problem! There are a couple of digi freebies on the site for you to try! Come play in the pig pen and don't forget to check out the other creations the Bacon Bits have come up with!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Deborah, your wood grain is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lighthouses too! This is a great image and card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the woodgrain backdrop for the wonderfully colored lighthouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful job Deborah.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!