Friday, April 27, 2012

Birthday Wishes using Modeling Film

Friday! I'm so happy to see you! I hope you all have something fun planned! My fun consists of cleaning!! Whoo hoo!  I've got family coming in on Monday so I need to get everything organized...

Here is a quick card I made using a fun product on my butterfly.




It is modeling film from Studio 490.  It's from Wendy Vecchi's Art Parts line from Stampers Anonymous. Think of it like Shrinky Dinks without the shrinkage! You basically cut the film with your die cuts or scissors into the shape you want.  Then you heat it with your heat gun to mold and shape it to your liking.  The beauty about it is that if you don't like what you molded, you just reheat and reshape!! So much fun!! Here is a closer look of the butterfly:


This film, although thin enough to cut with your die cuts, is tough to cut out intricate designs.  My butterfly is from The Cat's Pajamas. It's the exotic mini butterflies and it has detail cuts throughout.  I used a Vagabond machine and for those of you who know, it is probably one of the toughest die cut machines out there enabling it to cut out so many things! BUT... with the film, it could not cut through the intricate designs on the butterfly, even passing it through 3-4 times!! Maybe it's the die and I haven't tried another intricate die, but my thought is that it won't work.  I tried this die even with a shim!! But that is ok!! It left the lines on the butterfly where the detail work is and still turned out nicely.

This simple card was made from some cs I had from SU! and it's embossing folder.  The sentiment is also SU! which I stamped in Versamark, then with Momento, added some clear embossing powder and heated with my heat gun.  I punched out the sentiment with my oval punch and popped it up on the embossed panel.  I finished it off by adding some self adhesive rhinestones down the body of the butterfly and next to the sentiment and popped up the butterfly.

Well, I am off to volunteer at the school today as a proctor.  This week has been the state standardized testing and thankfully it's the last day!! Woot! I know that my boys school is under a little bit of pressure since they are the only school in county to be in the top 5% of the state based on these test scores.  I am sure they want to stay there! :)  Have a great Friday and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of modeling film. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. love the look of the film! Hope proctoring went well! (Didn't know parents proctored those tests!!! HA!)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!