Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Beach Canvas Decor and Family

I hope you all had a great weekend!! It was C-O-L-D here but the boys had a Walk/Run a-thon at thier school to commemorate the new walking track they put in.  Our boys are in the schools running club, so the club was first to walk around the track with the principal, mayor, and city officals before running the laps to raise money.  They had so much fun and ended up running 33 laps around!! It was about a mile or a little longer.  We also got a new addition to our family!! My sister had her baby girl last week and we are all so excited to meet her.  It is her second child and because she lives in Switzerland, we don't get to see them all right away.  But in June we will!! So exciting!  Pictures of it all are at the end of this post.


I just wanted to share with you a quick canvas project I made for our living room. We have a beached themed living room and I had this idea to make a small decor item for it using a small canvas an some thin basswood. 




I painted the canvas a light beige and measured and cut the thin basswood to size. I painted that in my choice colors and then dry brushed lightly with white over it. I used my hot glue gun to adhere the wood and used up some of my mini white brads with the tails cut off to add to the ends.  I then glued on the fingered starfish to the center.  Super simple and makes for a nice clean beach decor for our shelf.  I will probably make more items similar to this but using different materials I think.  


I know you are all just waiting on pins and needles to see these pictures of my boys and our neice! : )  So here they are:


One of my sons in the front
My other son coming in...
A closer shot...
Here they are at the end showing off the ticks for each lap they ran!

Claire Kirana


Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek into my project and at my family!! : ) Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!