Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Inspired by Love...

Well, yes, I can be but for today, MFT has inspired me! : )  And then I inspired my son!! Yes, my son did a little stamping and he is dying to show it off on my blog.  So at the bottom you will see what he created for his father.  I love it!!

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!! I did as it was pretty relaxing and we were able to host for a night an unexpected guest.  Not a stranger, but a co-worker of DH from NC who is in the process of moving to his next duty station in KS.  It was great to see him and let my hubby have a little guy time!! I know he is always amazed at my girl time that I get often, (in a good way) that I am happy for him to have his time.  Very far and few for him.  I also got to do some crafting that I mentioned last week so that was wondeful!! Just a little dusting off of my sewing machine and stamps and I was good to go!! LOL!

Today I want to share with you a card I made for MFT's weekly sketch.  You can find the information here on the SCS Member Forum.  Check it out and play along!! You can win a gift voucher to MFT!



I used MFT's line of Inspired By... In this case, Love.  I used MME Lost and Found dp and sewed along the edges as well as rouched the ribbon which unfortunately you cannot see.  I popped up the circles cut with my nesties and finished off the bottom using MFT's Die-namics mini rolled rose die, cut out in felt and topped with a self adhesive pearl.  The inside:



Ok... so don't look at the color of this!! It looks like a horrible bubbegum pink!! I had to use my phone for the picture as my camera was charging so I guess it doesn't look like my phone likes this color... :)  For this, I used the remaining dp and stamped the sentiment with Tattered Rose Distress Ink for a simple look.

So here are the two cards my son made for dad.  He wanted to thank him for working so hard side by side to get my son's grades up and now he is making the honor roll!! We are so proud of him because there is a long educational history with my son and his progress is tremendous!! <3


He used some pre stamped images I had lying around and some pre-made cards.  He loves the embellishments for sure!! His coloring is great and he used my Prismacolor markers for that.

Thanks so much for taking a peek and I hope you have a great day!!!


1 comment:

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!