Saturday, October 8, 2011

Quick Teacher Gift

Happy Saturday!
Hopefully you have something fun planned for the weekend enjoying some of this Fall weather!  My kids are off this week for Fall break which we are not used to.. We have never had a Fall break in the last school we were at so this is a nice change! We are taking a small family vacation so I will be posting from the road.  On another note, I have mailed to those who have contacted me the blog candy you have won! :)
I was in the process of making a thank you teacher gift when my child decided he wanted something else for her that apparently he says she really needs! So... That left me with an unfinished project to share, but I do have one I made in the spring for his last teacher that I did not get to post. It is above. (Blogging on the go doesn't allow for moving pictures...) For this project, I used coasters which I covered with dp by DCWV and used my Crop a dile to make the holes for threading. I thread the coasters with some twine and utilized some large ric rack for the back and sides.  For the front, I made it look like a chalkboard and printed out a tiger from the computer which I cut out and popped up.  His class were the tigers and known as the Two-riffic Tigers. The teacher was in need of new white board markers which I filled it with.  This is rather simple and a quick gift that you could make unique for someone to place on their desk!
Thank you for stopping by and if you are one of my blog candy winners, be sure to get in touch with me! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Such a cute idea! I'm sure she will really appreciate it. Such a fun use of the coasters :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY adorable!!! She will love it. Have fun in FL!! xo miss you

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!