Monday, March 7, 2011

Industrial Beach - Jewelry

Happy Monday everyone!  I know I have been quiet but I've had company for almost two weeks and then it was playing catch up when they left! My craft room is also our guest room, so that is always a little tricky. We also got our orders for our next move this June, so that has kept up running with preparing for that! Homes, schools, Dr. appts, etc.  It's hard to believe that it is 3 months away!! This has definitely been the shortest notice we have ever gotten.  Partly because dh was put into a few different hats for his next assignment that we weren't sure what we were going to get.  But... we got what we thought and wanted! Meanwhile, it is constant preparation.

This weekend I got a little crafty with jewelry.  I haven't gone back to my original roots of jewelry making for a while, so I found some fun components that I wanted to play with and it was fun!  This first one is Industrial Chic- components by Susan Lenart Kazmer.  These components are so fresh and different that I couldn't resist playing around with it!


Each component is unique and many to choose from.  I had a hard time decided what I wanted! I love the spiral spacers which I added in a different way.  I spiraled them through the connector split rings and through the component rings for added security.


This next piece is a favorite theme I like to do - Beach!! Anything with the beach I love!


For this, I added two rows of chain linked at the front with a toggle.  The toggle bar is etched to look like wood and instead of using the given 'O' toggle, I opted to use the jumpring the individual shells are hung from.  It is a clean and summery look that I love!  Here is a close up of the front:


I hope you enjoyed these creations and I will have a card to share with you tomorrow! In the meantime, I have actually attempted to begin my very first scrapbook of the boys starting with thier sports!! I will share if you promise not to be too critical!! LOL!!  I can't believe I have gone to the otherside of papercrafts but it's not too bad!! :D Those large sheets fighten me! And small sheets are never enough!

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek!! Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Love these! The bracelet is so fun and the necklace is really cute, same here I love anything beach. TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun and pretty bracelet.
    How are ya girlie? Where are you stationed out now? 3 months is really soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!