Friday, September 10, 2010

Back to School Blues-WSC

HA! I really don't have the blues, but it's a challenge I got to play!  Actually, I played two challenges. Back to School Blues is MFT's WSC which you can find all the deets here.  You have to incorporate the color blue.  I also used Mercy's Sketch here:

MTSC90[4].jpg



My card:


I used MFT's Jolienne set of Love you.  This set is so cute and I thought perfect for the challenge.  What little girl doesn't miss her puppy when she heads off to school?! : )  I also used an Amuse Stamp that I had of a stack of books which actually has a coffee cup on top.  I masked the books to fit on top of the rock and left off the coffee mug.  I really like how that looked.  I also used the rag technique with my Copic marker and blender solution on the rock to give it some texture.  However, I used a sponge instead. The image is colored in using my Copics and the dp is Greenhouse by Carolyn Gavin for K&Co.  It is such a  fun collection!  I popped up the main image which were cut out using my Nesties and I used my sewing machine for the sides of the strips.  The main card is cream confetti by SU! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your kind comments!! Have a great weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. Aw What a sweet image and gorgeous coloring Deborah!! The paper and the take on the sketch are perfect!

    I got my goodies today!! Thanks so much for the stamp set!! I can't wait to create my holiday goodies this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute, great coloring....have a fabulous weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. How smart are you to add that lil stack of books?! Too cute, Deb!!! HUGS, friend!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!