Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Amate Studios- MARDI GRAS!

HAPPY MARDI GRAS!
IT'S FAT TUESDAY!

What a Mardi Gras year this will be in NOLA!! With the Saints winning the Super Bowl and this yearly event, it is sure to be exciting if you are there! Get your King Cakes and beads ready!

I have an Amate Studios project to show you... the theme was Mardi Gras and I couldn't resist making a mask! I once lived in NOLA and the extravagant masks you would see at this time of the year stuck out in my mind. I used Pardo Jewelry clay to make the face and some crafting feathers to place all around. I also used micro beads, a fleur de leis brad, sequences, and Copic markers to recreate a Mardi Gras mask. The base component was a person shape so it made for this design easy! For all the complete instructions and details, visit Amate Studios and see what the rest of the design team created for this theme!!

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!

"N'Awlinz: Dis, Dat, or d'Udder"

1 comment:

  1. Um way cool. You know who will love this and her stinkin Super Bowl win. lol Very creative and fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!