Friday, October 30, 2009

Candy Monster Jar-Stamping and Painting on Glass

Hello everyone!!

I would like to start off first to thank everyone once again who voted for me during the Torendi DT Competition. I made it through all three rounds, but did bow out of the competition on this last round. The winner was to be chosen by who got the highest vote, and I cannot compete with two gals who had huge followings with over 400 people voting for them! But thanks again-really!

This week was a little tough on my little men as DH has left for Iraq. But they are soon back to their usual routines and have accepted his deployme
nt with no issues! (Thank goodness!!) They really have been helpful knowing it's just the three of us for now....

NOW! I got into thinking for some fun things for Halloween and thought what it would take to stamp and paint on glass. And this is what I came up with:



I stamped the jar using Sweet Tooth Terrors from Our Craft Lounge with Black Staz-On. I then used paint made for glass to color in the image using a fine brush. This technique is not quick, but in the end you will have a fun jar that will last! Once you are done painting the image, you let it cure for about 48 hours. Once it is cured, you bake it for 30 min. at 325 degrees in your oven. This will make the image permanent and allow for handwashing. I then used my nestibilities for the top and stamped the sentiment from the set "Happy Halloween" and "Candy Monster" for the tag using my SU! small Tag punch. I finished it off with some ribbon and candy on the inside and its ready for giving! I hope you enjoyed this project and thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek!!

Materials Used: OCL Sweet Tooth Terrors, SU! Tag Punch, MSC Ribbon, Glass jar, Glass paints, Staz on, Nesitibilities, Copics, candy


3 comments:

  1. Yummy little treat jar, great job Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I LOVE this! AWEsome job....love how you stamped on the jar...gonna have to try this sometime.

    I am sorry about the dt---but you sooo deserved to be on that. I wish it was just a voting thing and not a popularity thing or friend thing. :(
    YOU ROCK!

    Hope you are doing well---good news about the boys!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!