Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bloom where your are Planted

Part of your life in the military is that you move so often. And it always seems to happen faster when you have the best friends and neighbors. It never really gets easier but the excitement of a new place can sometimes numb the empty feeling. Not always, but sometimes. My dh and I never really say "goodbye;" we adopted an old Calvary saying, "Until our next post." The military is a surprisingly small world that you are most likely to run into the same people again. However, for my neighbor, she is a different branch of the military that we probably won't run into each other again. Facebook will be our bridge of contact. : )


Materials Used: PTI Spiral Bouquet, PTI Sweet Blush and Berry Sorbet Ink, PTI Sweet Blush and Berry Sorbet cs, Copic Spica in clear, MS Lace punch, 1/4" SU! Circle punch, Scor-Pal

I made this card using one of my favorite PTI set called Spiral Bouquet. For the top half I used my Scor-Pal to create the diagonal lines and punched out coordinating circles using my 1/4" punch. I used PTI's colormatch cs and ink in Sweet Blush and Berry Sorbet. I stamped the images and in both colors and outlines the flowers with my clear Copic Spica pen. I used my MS lace punch for the border and added an additional panel to the back of the card to give it a little more pop of color.

I hope you have a great day and I appreciate you taking a peek!

2 comments:

  1. I love the scoring you did!! WAY too cute!!
    Lovely card!!!!

    I hope your neighbor has an easy of a transition as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very soft and pretty Deb. She is going to love this, very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!