Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sketch #60

This is Sketch #60 on Sketches! by Tamara.  Check it out here! 

I just love Basic Grey's Periphery collection and decided to use snipets from the paper set.  I took the cover page where it shows a bit of each paper and cut out the strips. That is what I used for my bg.  For the main image, I used some glossy paper which I colored with some Copics by blending three different colors and used a technique that was called in the class I took, "Nasty Rag." (I know, could be called a better name...) This technique gives some diamension to your image, but for this, I used a sponge instead for a different look! LOL!!  
The sponge gave it more of a marbled look but I liked it.  I then stamped the image with Versamark and embossed it in copper.  I used my Threading Water punch by Fiskars for the middle panel and distressed all edges.  I then sponged the outerlayers and a little on the main image using Tim Holtz distressing ink and some SU! Close to Cocoa.  I also sponged the Prima with some Always Artichoke to tone down the blue and frayed the ribbon ends.  I hope you all stop by Sketches! By Tamara to play!! Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!

Materials Used: SU!  Baja Breeze, Glossy White, K&CO, Basic Grey Periphery,Fiskars Threading water punch, Copics, Corner rounder, Inkadinkado, Ribbon, Prima, Crystal brad, TAC, distressing tool









9 comments:

  1. Wow! This is REALLY cool! I love that nasty rag! lol

    Beautifully done, Deb!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Deb, I love the dp and the birds are great! Welcome back. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! I love those birds and you did a beautiful job on the background of the stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the team!! Your card is gorgeous, love that dsp and that background looks awesome! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL deb..love that stamp paired with the dp! GREAT JOB! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!!
    I love the way you used the dp!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb sent me this card and I have to say, it is BEAUTIFUL...the picture does not do it justice! I love it....beautiful work, Deb....

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments!